Saturday, February 26, 2011

Luis Beltrán

Out of all of the photographers I have researched so far, Luis Beltrán has stood out among the crowd for me. I absolutely love his work and I find his images to be extremely unique and creative. 


Luis Beltrán is a Spanish photographer who specializes in surreal and fine art images. He uses a mixture of composites and photomanipulation to create spectacularly strange works of art. He is based in Valencia and does exhibition work for galleries in Spain and the US. His artwork can also be bought as Limited Edition prints on his website for $90 AUD each.


As his artist statements for his series are in spanish, I was only able to understand key words, but I managed to find a quote on his flickr site:
"When I was a child, I used to spend my holidays in a small town in the mountains. I often woke up to the light rays beaming through the window in the morning while birds chirped. I always conjure up this moment as one of the most peaceful times of my life. I have never been able to recapture that peace, but I still keep trying everyday through my work".



Luis Beltran is a very interesting individual, and I feel as though every image portrays a part of his soul, and I could analyse his images for hours on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment